Re: [cssom] CSS Value API

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:30:28 +0900, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> Also, I find the m and l accessors confusing. Can we just have a single
> accessor for all types, e.g. v for value?

Consider a property 'foo' that takes two values and is therefore
represented by a map. Consider then that CSS changes over time. The CSS WG
decides that 'foo' will now be a comma-separated list. To remain backwards
compatible it will need to expose both a map and a list. That is the
reason I gave it two different accessors. I am open to other solutions.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/