Re: [cssom] CSS Value API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:45:27 +0900
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Ojan Vafai" <ojan@chromium.org>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:30:28 +0900, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> Also, I find the m and l accessors confusing. Can we just have a single
> accessor for all types, e.g. v for value?

Consider a property 'foo' that takes two values and is therefore
represented by a map. Consider then that CSS changes over time. The CSS WG
decides that 'foo' will now be a comma-separated list. To remain backwards
compatible it will need to expose both a map and a list. That is the
reason I gave it two different accessors. I am open to other solutions.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/