Re: CSS3 reference

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:12:32 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On Thursday 01 April 2010 05:47:28 Patrick Garies wrote:
> On 2010-03-31 3:27 AM, Markus Ernst wrote:
> > Trying to find the specification of the content() function I gave
> > up...

> Maybe the Current Work page would be helpful?
>
> See <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work>.

That page indeed is the place to find links to the latest versions of
*all* CSS specifications and draft specifications. (And if there is a
link missing, please tell me!)

In some cases, the second column of the big table also links to editors'
drafts that are being prepared for publication. Be careful basing any
conclusions on those, though. The text there may vary from quite stable
to personal scratchpad for the editor. And it may change from one
minute to the next. If you send comments, please refer rather to the
published, dated versions, which are linked from the first column. They
have URLs that look like http://www.w3.org/TR/<year>/...

Another useful resource: Jens Meiert maintains an alphabetic index of
all properties, both stable and draft, at
http://meiert.com/en/indices/css-properties/

But as far as I know, nobody keeps an index of keywords *other* than
properties, so there is no easy way to find the 'content()' notation.

(In this case, as Peter Linss already said: it's actually in no official
draft yet, only in the editor's personal draft of the GCPM module, at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-gcpm/#string-set .)

Bert