Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox issues

From: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:17 AM
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [css3-flexbox] Flexbox issues

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
> <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
>> So far clear: 'left' | 'right' works in flow: vertical-flow ( a.k.a.
>> vertical-wrap)
>> containers with the meaning 'before' | 'after'.
>
> I don't understand what "after" could mean in a flexbox.  Does it mean
> that the *next* element is forced onto a new line?

row/column break is a virtual position of something between elements.
So clear:before breaks the row/column makes element first in the column/row
and
clear:after breaks the row/column and makes the element last
in the row/column.

And this:

li:nth-child(3)
{
   clear:both;
   width:*;
}

creates row/column that will have single element li:nth-child(3)
that will span whole width of its container.

Here is how it looks like:

   http://terrainformatica.com/w3/horizontal-flow.png

Document is:

  <head>