[css3-background] border-image-repeat 'extend' keyword?

From: Joe Marty <josephmarty@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
lease correct me if I'm out of order ;)

I have searched the archive and not found any discussion of an additional keyword for the border-image-repeat property that would extend the size of the content box to fit the next whole number of border tiles.  That seems like it would be a popular and more acceptable solution in many instances, compared to stretching the border image (i.e. when the box doesn't even have a specific size to begin with).  Admittedly, it changes the size of the content box, which is unusual, but perhaps a specific width/height given to the box would over-ride this option (as would a max-height/max-width, whereas a min-height or min-width would not).

Perhaps I've come too late to suggest this, but I think this would be a very useful alternative to stretching your border image, and I think the keyword 'extend' would be appropriate for this function.

-Joe Marty