Re: [css3-background] Curved borders intersecting backgrounds of inner boxes

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:22:28 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
On 04/12/2010 10:38 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> What I'm getting at, is that this is not just an issue for
> 'border-radius', it is also for 'background-clip'. We should add
> something to ‘background-clip’ similar to what we are saying about
> border-radius:
>     Other effects that clip to the border or padding edge (such as
>     ‘overflow’ other than ‘visible’) also must clip to the box indicated
>     by 'background-clip'.

What if there are multiple 'background-clip' values?

I think 'background-clip' should just affect backgrounds, not other
things like 'overflow'. 'border-radius' affects other properties
because it changes the shape of the border and padding (and content)
edges, but only affects them in that it changes that shape.