Re: transitions vs. animations

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 01:34:16 +0200
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

 > >  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2010/ta/

I've added your examples.

 > Here is how that column may look like:
 > ('once' here is synonym of '1').

"once" is the default, I presume, so you wouldn't have to specify it?

 >   .two
 >   {
 >     position: relative;
 >     left: 500px;
 >     animate-in: "bounce" top 0.2s 5,
 >                 linear left 1s once;
 >   }

The "linear" keyword indicates a linear interpolation, I presume -- as
opposed to a "profiled" interpolation. The "linear" value would also
be the default value, no?

I think the syntax looks simple and doable. Are there use cases that
would require more than one property to be changed, which couldn't be
specified with multiple profiles?

Now that I think about it, "@profile" doesn't seem intuitive. Would
@pattern or @shape be better? Hmm.

Cheers,