Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

From: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:38:25 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Alberto Lepe <dev@alepe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 2010-04-06 12:03 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> Of course, there is always the possibility that people will want to
> add more to CSS4 color too (how about ink modes?). Oh, and, well,
> there is gamma correction too for CSS4 Color, right?

On that note, I think that it would be nice of the CSS2.1
|outline-color| property keyword |invert| were extended for use as a
general color like |transparent| was. (I can't recall the use cases for
it, but I know that I've wanted to use it several times in the past.)

People keep saying that |rgb(#, #, #)| functional notation is cumbersome
and I do agree that it could be made easier. A |rgb(#)| shortcut
corresponding to the hex shortcut may as well be added if we're adding
new convenience formats; that would make it much easier to declare
shades of gray as well as black and white.