Re: [cssom] CSS Value API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:21:43 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:34:35 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> The idea is that it sets the first value of the shorthand
>
> That's fine.  My specific question is:

>    <script>
>      document.getElementById("x").style.margin.l[0].px++;
>      // What just happened in the line above?
>    </script>

I think in this case you cannot convert and it would either throw or set
the pixel value to 1. Not sure which way is better.

Your example makes me wonder though how shorthand and individual
properties should interact. Maybe 'margin' should be a map and we should
not try to recreate syntax-level features at the CSSOM-level. Now I
phrased it like this I wonder why I ever thought otherwise. :-) I.e. the
above would become style.margin.m.top.px++. We could even have
margin.m.all.px++ or something to increase all individual properties if we
ever wanted to simplify that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/