Re: [css3-background] border-radius and outlines

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:03:26 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 04/06/2010 05:41 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> The spec [1][2] does not mention anything about the effect of border-radius on outlines.
> Using recent release versions of major browsers shows a square outline corner regardless of
> the specified shape of the border corner.
>
> Authors likely expect the outline to follow the border edge. The specification should
> address this requirement.

The shape of outlines is not defined, and they are explicitly
allowed to be nonrectangular. The intention is to allow the
UA to match platform conventions insofar as it can, as outlines
are primarily intended as a UI element. Given that, I don't see
what remains to be defined. Is there some particular text you
would like added to the spec?

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#outline1

~fantasai