Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:14:24 -0700
To: Alberto Lepe <dev@alepe.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Guys, there's no need to argue.  We know that #rgba will be easy to
spec and implement, as it's a trivial parsing change.  We also know
that some authors (me included) have grown to greatly prefer the hex
notation, and find it the most intuitive.

The only thing we don't know is if it's worth pulling Colors 3 out of
Last Call to add a new feature, and letting it run through LC again
afterwards.  I would personally rather let it bake as-is so we can put
it to rest, and slab #rgba into Colors 4.  That won't delay its
implementation any; it's mostly a political/process thing.