Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

On Apr 6, 2010, at 12:16 AM, Patrick Garies wrote:

> On 2010-04-04 9:55 PM, Eduard Pascual wrote:
>> Can anyone bring forth any *objective* argument against
>> #rrggbbaa/#rgba? (and keep in mind that "it's ugly" is an aesthetic
>> perception, so it is not objective... actually, I find rgb() and its
>> kind ugly, and hex-notation quite elegant).
>
> Such arguments have already been put forward. To summarize:

Your arguments 1-4 are against #rrggbb in general, and yet it is the mostly widespread way to specify color.

Your arguments 5-8 are true of any new proposal (and have been addressed in relation to this proposal).

Your argument 9 is against having any choices in how to specify colors, and is therefore against pretty much the entire CSS3 Color module.