Re: transitions vs. animations

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:03:50 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

 > > The same will work in this proposal:
 > >
 > > .button {
 > >   effect: on-entry change(color, 1s), on-exit change(color, 1s);
 > > }
 >
 > That doesn't seem to work.  At no point are you exitting the .button
 > "state".  When you match .button:hover, you still match .button.

Right. It works it we say: The effects on a given element trigger when
the value of the 'effect' property changes, or when the element
changes state. We'll need to define "changes state" carefully, but I
think it's doable.

 > > I agree with you that we need to look at common use cases and compare
 > > syntax.
 >
 > Cool.  What did you think of my breakdown of use-cases?  Do you see
 > any additional ones?  Anything that should be broken apart or
 > reorganized?

I need to think a little. I'll get back on this -- it's a good way to
compare proposals.

-h&kon