Re: Are CSS animations a done deal?

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:22:37 +0200, Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se> wrote:
> 2010-04-05 11:08, Anne van Kesteren skrev:
>> Personally I think moving away from specifying style information in
>> script to just specifying class name changes is actually an improvement.
>> That way the style information stays neatly separated from the script
>> and can be changed by designers who might not be involved with the
>> scripting layer of the site at all.
>
> What I am proposing, declarative animation in JS using JSON, looks very
> much like CSS, thus has a low barrier to learning.

It also re-invents CSS syntax elsewhere for no good reason. It actually
has a higher barrier to entry for designers, who would need to learn
ECMAScript. It also fails to separate logic and style, by putting all
kinds of stylistic information in the scripting layer. E.g. colors, etc.

> It is equally separated logic-wise and keeps all advantages of the
> current proposal.

I disagree.

--
Anne van Kesteren