Re: Another cut on the Character-Transform Property

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:28:34 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>

On Apr 4, 2010, at 11:10 AM, John Hudson wrote:

>>> text-elevation
>
>> I counter with:
>> text-relation
>
> 	relative-script
> or
> 	reduced-script

To me, 'glyph-position' is meaningful (so is 'text-elevation', even if it was meant as a joke). The others, not so much.

When I see 'script-style', I think first of JavaSCRIPT and cascading STYLE sheets. Sure you can use JavaScript to style your elements, but <rhetorical>what does that have to do with these reduced-sized and vertically-moved versions of the characters?</rhetorical>