Re: vendor prefixes considered harmful

From: Glen <glen.84@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 20:26:23 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 2010/03/24 21:58, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/19/10 5:13 PM, Glen wrote:
>> This would be used by all vendors who have an implementation matching
>> the current WD.
>
> What happens when the current WD changes?
How many WDs would there be in most cases? If there were just a few, you
could use -wd1, -wd2 (as has been previously suggested), although that
would mean that browsers would have to recognize multiple properties for
BC. Not ideal I would imagine.

I agree that the issue is with the time it takes for specs to reach CR.
Is it not somehow possible for individual properties (or small sets of
properties) to be moved to CR independently?
>> I just think that this is ridiculous:
>>
>> border-top-left-radius: 8px;
>> border-top-right-radius: 8px;
>> -khtml-border-radius-topleft: 8px;
>> -khtml-border-radius-topright: 8px;
>> -moz-border-radius-topleft: 8px;
>> -moz-border-radius-topright: 8px;
>> -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 8px;
>> -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 8px;
>
> These don't all match each other (or the current WD), note.
>
> -Boris

Well, they have the same effect in most (simple) cases. This is similar
to what I have to use now, and it works. (using the shorthand 4-value
version makes it shorter).