Re: CSS3: Suggestion for another list-style-type

On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Axel Dahmen wrote:

> "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EAC07CE0-E3D1-4AE9-BA67-79C33B5535C6@gmail.com...
>> When I mentioned problems with the cascade, the biggest one is that it is much easier to override list-style-type with a ::marker, than to do the reverse.
>
> I see, I believed you were thinking about something like:
>
> ::marker
>   {list-style-type: circle;
>   content: "#";
>   }

Not exactly, but close. 'List-style type' would have no effect when set on the marker itself. It is something you set on an item that has 'display:list-item', not on the marker of that list item. So it would be more like this:

LI {  list-style-type: circle; }
LI::marker { content: "#";  /* this one overrides the circle */ }