Re: [css3-background] box-break keywords

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:46:02 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Oct 28, 2009, at 2:50 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

>> How about 'new-box' or 'multi-boxes' instead of 'separate'?
>
> I prefer 'separate'. It has a closer parallel to 'slice': both can be
> used as verbs to describe what is happening. And 'separate' can also
> be
> used as an adjective to describe the result so you get two angles for
> its mnemonic.

Understood. But the second piece of paper already separates the
content onto two seperate pieces of paper. The real difference is that
one value slices the content (as if with a knife) to separate the
content, and the other value separates it by ending one box and then
starting a new one on the next page (as if the content had been
originally been placed into two different boxes). I don't think
'separate' conveys the meaning as well (but better than 'each-box'
anyway).

I also sometimes misspell 'seperate'.