Re: [css3-background] box-break keywords

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:55:10 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Oct 28, 2009, at 11:20 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> Currently we have as keywords 'continuous' and 'each-box'. They're not
> very clear, and one person so far has pointed out that continuous is
> hard to spell.
>
> How about 'slice' and 'separate'?
>
>  box-break: slice;    /* Draw backgrounds and borders as if box was
> not broken, then slice it into pieces */
>  box-break: separate; /* Draw backgrounds and borders separately for
> each box: separate, then draw */
>
> ~fantasai

I agree that those are better. I especially like 'slice' to describe
that one. I'm less enthusiastic about 'separate' (the page break has a
separating effect regardless of how the box is divided), though I
still think it is better than 'each-box'. How about 'new-box' or
'multi-boxes' instead of 'separate'?