RE: [css3-text] Suggestion for text-overflow:shrink

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:11:55 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
So if this is a text property, what do you think it should apply to? Inline element? Block? Each line of a block, individually?
'text-overflow' is currently defined to apply to blocks. We'll have to define if all lines of the block are affected or last line only (ellipsis leaves that undefined). Also, there are options of shrinking lines separately or adjusting fonts for the whole block.
Thoughts on what should happen to multiline blocks?