Re: [gradients] basics

On Nov 8, 2009, at 7:08 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We can actually be stronger about this - gradient images are infinite
> in size (the abstract concept of 'box' used when describing their
> rendering has no intrinsic size),

I don't think that is an accurate statement. They have no intrinsic
size, but 100% in a color-stop would match the width of the background-
size for 0deg linear-gradients. That's not infinite size, but is full
resolution at any size.

> and so background-size and
> background-repeat have no effect.

Why not? Just because 'cover' and 'contain' and 'auto' end up doing
the same thing, doesn't mean all values of 'background-size' are
meaningless.