Re: [gradients] basics

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> I think the points made need to be:
> * gradient images have no intrinsic size,
> * therefore they fill the box they are being rendered into (like SVG images
> with no intrinsic size)
> * and therefore, when applied to backrounds, background-size etc have no
> effect.

We can actually be stronger about this - gradient images are infinite
in size (the abstract concept of 'box' used when describing their
rendering has no intrinsic size), and so background-size and
background-repeat have no effect.

I will make this a bit clearer in the introduction to the section.

> If you refer to the CSS 2.1 spec I think you should be more specific about
> which section you are referencing.

Will do.