Re: Should implementors copy vendor prefixes from each other?

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

>     But browser vendors also say they use prefixes to allow evolution
>     of the prefixed property w/o long-term impact on the non-prefixed
>     property. I have the gut feeling this is a bad excuse. If
>     -webkit-transition-delay has to change a bit because of standardization,
>     browsers implementing the new version will still choke on stylesheets
>     conformant to the old one.
>

> Not at all. Webkit can keep implementing the old behaviour of
> -webkit-transition-delay and implement the standard behaviour for the
> unprefixed property.

Well. If the "standard behaviour" remains unpolished for months, or even
years in case of very complex properties, a browser vendor will most
certainly work on the prefixed property, not the unprefixed one, until
the spec stabilizes.

</Daniel>