Re: Automatic scheme: dark or light

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 19:02:21 +0200
To: CSS 3 W3C Group <www-style@w3.org>
Maciej Wakuła:
> User screens are usually dark-on-light or light-on-dark.
>
> I would like to see some automated mechanism to open pages in correct
> (light or dark, depending on my OS settings) style. If no style is
> defined then browsers could at least try to optionally invert the
> colors.

The best you could probably wish for was a new property in the next
level of Media Queries.

   <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/>
  (<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-mediaqueries/>)

This would allow authors to provide separate designs depending on the
users' (G)UI settings, which would be pushing the definition of /media/.