RE: [css-gcpm] order of text replace vs. whitespace processing

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:52:08 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
CC: Ludger Buenger <ludger.buenger@realobjects.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
You know you can make me more agreeable by saying this doesn't apply to browsers...

*if* text replace were to be supported, I would strongly recommend whitespace processing both before and after. It is particularly important after -- if not, it would add a new complication to engines that collapse whitespace at render time (which is the right place to collapse for dynamic content).