[Backgrounds/Borders] Suggestion: Remove background-break and border-break

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:12:15 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
I'd like to propose that background-break and border-break simply be
dropped from the draft.  The default behavior that you get now
(continuous) really seems like the only behavior you should ever
need.  It also feels weird to have separate properties for background
vs. border here....

I can't really think of any valid use cases for which bounding-box and
each-box would be interesting.  I also can't really see why you'd ever
set background-break to one value and border-break to another.

My vote would be to simply remove these properties from the draft, as
I don't think this functionality is that useful.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)