[Backgrounds/Borders] A concern about border-image not clipping to border-radius

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:08:53 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
If border-image does not clip to the border radius, then as far as hit
testing is concerned, the box has to be treated as rectangular.  By
default, hit testing does not look at transparent pixels of an image.
I still don't understand why border-image has to ignore the curve
specified by border radius, when both the background images and
foreground content (when overflow:hidden) are going to honor the curve.

This change makes no sense to me.  Nevertheless I have made it in the
latest WebKit.  We'll follow the spec off a cliff if we have to. :(

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)