Re: [css3-selectors] minor question about :not()

Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
> Andrey Mikhalev wrote:
> >
> > in 6.6.7:
> > "The negation pseudo-class, :not(X), is a functional notation
> > taking a simple selector (excluding the negation pseudo-class
> > itself and pseudo-elements) as an argument."
> >
> > so, :not(:pseudo-element) - allowed by formal grammar -
> > is invalid selector or "useless" selector, as foo:not(bar) ?
>
> Excerpt from section 6.6.7:
>
>    The negation pseudo-class, :not(X), is a functional notation
> taking a simple selector (excluding the negation pseudo-class itself
> and pseudo-elements) as an argument.

Andrey quoted exactly the same text in his original message.  I assume
you mean to imply that the answer to his question *should be* obvious
from that text, but since he quoted it before asking the question, it
is not obvious to him, so your answer is not helpful.

zw