Re: civility ruling, please RE: (fonts) MTX skepticism

From: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:18:33 -0700
Cc: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:38 PM, fantasai wrote:

> Thomas Lord wrote:
>> {snip}
>>
>> Now I would like to know:
>>
>> a) Where does authority to police this list
>> officially reside?   Is the initial admonishment
>> I received authoritative or not?
>
> Hard to answer; it depends on how you define authority.
> I have no official authority over this list, but I think
> most participants would consider my message authoritative.

Firstly, I have no intention of beating a dead horse here, and I want
to thank everyone for complying with the initial request and moving
the font discussion off of this list.

Please consider fantasai's request authoritative on this matter. This
mailing list belongs to the CSS working group for technical
discussions regarding CSS. The discussions about font formats were not
only off topic, but becoming disruptive to the purpose of this list.
As a member of the working group, fantasai has every right to remind
people of the purpose of this list and help enforce group policies.

Peter
CSS W/G co-chair