Re: [css3-transitions] transitions and rendering objects vs. DOM nodes

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:57:20 +1200
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style@w3.org
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:

> In WebKit, at the moment we do transitions on rendering objects (and yes
> this means changes to display:none just kill transitions).  We don't allow
> transitions to occur on pseudo elements.  Not sure if this is the right
> decision though, but it's what we have done so far.

What if you have a <span> which fits on one line, a transition on 'color'
starts, but halfway through the container width changes so the <span> breaks
across two lines? The second box gets the final color immediately? If this
happened because the user resized the window, I think it's clearly a bug.

Rob
53:5-6]