Re: (fonts) MTX skepticism

From: Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:47:21 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net> wrote:

> I have not been able to find any *quantification*
> of the supposed practical benefits of MTX when
> compared to other available, generic compression
> methods (e.g., bzip2 or gzip with blocking to allow
> some semblance of random access).

I am not going to dig back through the entire thread to date to find it
(and, for the record, I really do not appreciate your starting multiple
new threads on a topic long gone into dead horse territory) but
Vladimir Levantovsky posted exactly the numbers you are asking for a
couple days ago.  I recall 10-30% additional compression relative to
gzip.

zw