RE: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:17:29 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
CC: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>, Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Brad Kemper [mailto:brad.kemper@gmail.com] wrote:
>CORS is already 90% there without a wrapper, it seems to me. I see
>CORS and the Web server as being the main mechanism, and info
>contained in the file as being a handy way to transfer info from the
>font to the server. If you wanted to restrict what sites could display
>your images, you would do that in the server CORS settings panel, with
>no need of a wrapper.

CORS seems like an even worse way to control this - since the information no longer even follows the font or the domain, but the server settings.