Re: New work on fonts at W3C

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
> How could anyone copy a font who name is "This font licensed for use by
> XYZ Corp only" and not know that they were violating license terms
> (assuming they didn't represent XYZ Corp)?

Just a few quick examples of font name obfuscation, there are three fonts used on this page with different names:

  http://people.mozilla.org/~jdaggett/nameobfuscate.html

I realize this creates a low barrier but it's still pretty clear that someone is using a font not licensed for desktop use.

John Daggett