Re: Outline Numbered Lists

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Brad Kemper<brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason Tab says "properly" (if you don't mind me saying so, Tab), is
> because separation of style and content is really one of the key tenets of
> this group.
>
> On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> As noted, this isn't necessary if you use a <style> block properly.
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yup, you can't.  So you just have to use a <style> properly.

Oh geez, I didn't even realize that I might have been offensive with that.  >_<

But yeah, Brad's got my meaning.  Using @style is really something
that should be avoided if at all possible, for several reasons, one of
which is that @style rules can't represent all of CSS, as you found
out with this counter issue.

And hey, Ian (editor of HTML5) even seriously considered removing
@style almost entirely, leaving it only on <font> (which itself would
be retained only for the purpose of having @style on it) so that the
'taint' of <font> would spread to @style and it could be removed
completely from a later version of HTML.  Enough people complained,
though, that he reverse that position, put @style back, and just
removed <font> entirely.  There's really a lot of anti-@style
sentiment, though.