Re: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:41:44 -0500
To: Adam Twardoch <list.adam@twardoch.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Adam Twardoch wrote:
>  Patrick Garies wrote:
> > Actually, that's probably because OTF/TTF Web fonts have only been
> > implemented in WebKit so far. Once Mozilla Firefox and Opera jump
> > on board and people have upgraded their browsers,
>
>  Have a look at Firefox 3.5 and Opera 10.

Those browsers are still in development and haven't been released yet.
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but I was alluding to the fact that they
would be released with support for those formats and that we should wait
to see what happens after their release and after a substantial number
of users have upgraded those releases before claiming that evidence is
lacking for the viability of those formats.

— Patrick Garies