Re: [css3-background] 'border-radius' and 'overflow'

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:55 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> Well, two other options here are
>  - Require the author to set overflow: hidden whenever he sets
>    border-radius on replaced elements

That sounds OK to me.

- Make all replaced elements always clip to the curve. (Is it possible
>    for replaced elements to have overflow?)

Not normally, but when rendering bizarre native platform themes, it might
be. For example, a button might have a glow drawn around it. On the other
hand we treat that as a background, and "overflow" doesn't really clip
borders and backgrounds.

But I think this option would be OK too.

Rob
53:5-6]