[css21] Computed value of percentage table row heights

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:09:56 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
The following proposal addresses Issue 61 [1].

Per CSS2.1, 17.5.3 [2] :

>> Percentage heights on table cells, table rows, and table row groups compute to 'auto'.

A number of testcases [3][4][5], however, indicate that current implementations attempt to honor the specified percentage heights for these elements. In several cases, however, their behavior differs as detailed by Saloni last year [6].

I propose replacing the statement above with :

[1] http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1#issue-61
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#height-layout
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jun/att-0146/table-row-percent-height.html
[4] https://bug454356.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=337602