W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > June 2009

[CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 2009-05-27

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 15:56:46 -0700
Message-ID: <4A2D972E.2080904@inkedblade.net>
To: www-style@w3.org
Summary:

   - Closed ISSUE-108 as a non-issue
   - Discussed ISSUE-107 (default ruby-position), Steve to query i18n
       <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2009AprJun/0064.html>
   - Discussed SVGWG message about css3-backgrounds, Chris to check for
     necessary edits.
   - CSS2.1 Issue 71 deferred to F2F
   - Agreed to ask about shifting CSSWG TPAC days to Mon-Tues to avoid conflicts

====== Full minutes below ======

Attendees:
   César Acebal
   Bert Bos
   Arron Eicholz (via IRC)
   Elika Etemad
   Daniel Glazman
   Hĺkon Wium Lie
   Chris Lilley
   Peter Linss
   David Singer
   Steve Zilles

<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/05/27-CSS-irc
Scribe: fantasai

Agenda
------
   Daniel: Bert, you sent two extra items
   Daniel: First one is about tpac
   Daniel: Other is about F2F


Issue 108
---------

   <glazou> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/108
   Interaction of border-image and border-radius
   <fantasai> I'm reading clilley's email
   <fantasai> I don't understand why it's unclear
   fantasai: I don't see what's unclear here
   fantasai: border-radius does not affect the border-image, but it is still used to define the clip areas for other things
   <arronei> Sorry late regrets. Got pulled into a meeting. I am on IRC though
   ACTION: fantasai reply to chrisL

Issue 107 (ruby-position default)
---------------------------------

   <glazou> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/107
   Steve: He's talking about when ruby appears both above and below the text
   Steve: E.g. University with kana above and English below
   Steve: Our default is to put both the kana and the English above, and
          that doesn't make sense
   Steve: What he proposes is I think ok if I understand complex ruby correctly
   fantasai: We still don't have an editor for Ruby, though
   fantasai: Last editor was Paul Nelson, before that Michel Suignard
   arronei: can MSFT edit Ruby ?
   <arronei> possibly. I will check with sylvain
   Daniel: We have Steve's opinion, need others
   fantasai: can ask i18n
   ACTION: Steve ask i18n for their opinion

+ChrisL
   Discussion with Chris to bring him up to date on the border-radius/border-image issue

SVGWG Message About preserveAspectRatio
---------------------------------------

   <glazou> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009May/0200.html
   fantasai: I think the issue about falling back from viewbox to width/height
             should be defined in SVG, it's not a CSS issue
   fantasai: I don't know what to do about preserveAspectRatio
   ChrisL: pAR is about negotiating between the SVG and the renderer
   ChrisL: They negotiate a size and the SVG figures out how to fill that size
   ChrisL: I think percentages make a lot of sense for dividing the SVG
   ChrisL: Rasterization should happen after stretching
   fantasai: I think for border-image you basically treat it as pAR none
   ChrisL: I want to do the partitioning and scaling on the vector geometry,
           and then rasterize it
   fantasai: If the spec doesn't deal with images that have no intrinsic size,
             then that's an issue we should address. But the details of viewbox
             attributes vs width/height attributes should be in the SVG spec
   <ChrisL> There needs to be a way to specify what size rendering of the svg
            is desired, for the usual case where its a scalable image without
            an intrinsic size
   <ChrisL> fantasai, you suggested using the border box size as the size to
            render the svg
   fantasai: I think I should change "CSS px units" to "vector coordinates"
   fantasai: but other than that, you don't need to pick a size to be able to
             divide the SVG image
   fantasai: and when you scale and place the images, you're using regions
             defined by the size of the element's border box
   fantasai: that do not depend on the image
   ACTION: Chris check editor's draft for any needed changes
   ACTION: fantasai change "CSS px units" to "vector coordinates"
   <ChrisL> -o-border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   <ChrisL> -icab-border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   <ChrisL> -khtml-border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   <ChrisL> -moz-border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   <ChrisL> -webkit-border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   <ChrisL> border-image: url("border.png") 27 27 27 27 round stretch;
   Steve: Might help to come up with examples where the SVG stretches differently

CSS2.1 Issue 71
---------------

   <glazou> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009May/0184.html
   fantasai: Bert's message says that the spec is clear on how @rules should
             be handled inside declaration blocks
   fantasai: But the resolution was to change the spec so that they are parsed
             as invalid @rules rather than as invalid tokens
   fantasai: So we don't have a proposal that implements the resolution
   Bert: I thought the resolution was to change @page so that the @rules must
         appear at the end of the @page block
   Bert: not to change 2.1
   Bert: Surely we have more implementations of 2.1 than of @page
   Daniel: So what do we do?
   fantasai: well, we /have/ a resolution. If we want, we can reopen the issue
   fantasai: but we should do that next week, not this week

F2Fs
----

   Daniel: There are a lot of topics on the F2F meeting agenda page
   Dnaiel: It would help a lot if people sent emails to say which topics they
           would like to discuss
   Daniel and Peter will prepare the agenda tomorrow
   <fantasai> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/sophia-2009
   Daniel: We would like to prepare an agenda by the end of the week, so
           please send your comments soon
   Daniel: Is everyone attending all three days?
   Howcome: I thought I wasn't coming, but I'm coming.
   Daniel: In your emails, if you have a car let us know
   Daniel: Carpool from Antibes, carpool from airport
   Daniel: Bert wanted to know if everyone is staying for the visit to the library
   Daniel: If you cannot come, please say
   Molly, Anne, and fantasai will be staying near ERCIM
   Daniel: If you did not notice, there will be a fee for attending TPAC
   Daniel: If you register late it's $75
   Daniel: Early it's $50/day
   Daniel: So register early
   Dsinger: I will want to attend both CSS and HTML5
   Steve: I'm chairing a meeting on Thursday
   Daniel: Do most of you prefer Mon-Tues?
   Daniel: Bert, is there still time to change?
   Daniel: Is everyone ok with 2 and 3 of November?
   Daniel: Ok, let's try to change for 2nd and 3rd of November
   Steve and Chris want to discuss the IPTV thing with dsinger
   <dsinger> I'm still on IRC
   Steve: It seems to be mainly China, Japan, and Korea
   will get discussed next week

Meeting closed.
Received on Monday, 8 June 2009 23:57:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 17:20:18 GMT