[css] Usability issue on "Current Work" page

From: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:58:11 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

There's a usability issue related to the module headings on the
"Current Work" page [1] (I'm just keeping on running into this issue
myself and see others run into it too, which finally makes me report

So for instance, if you're jumping to the Selectors box [2], the
underlined "Selectors" heading suggests that it leads to respective
(most recent) specification, but that's not the case, it just links to
itself. Linking a resource to itself is known to be a usability
problem that's significant (not just for homepages and since 2003 [3])
yet usually easy to fix, so I'd ask to either remove respective links
or, likely better, to link the headings to respective most recent

Thank you,

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work.html#selectors
[3] http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20031110.html (10.)