Re: [css3-values] new editor's draft (and [css3-box])

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:12:00 +0100
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Also sprach L. David Baron:

 > There are also many places where CSS 2.1 says how the used value is
 > determined; if these have to be replaced by actual value, then do we
 > also need to say that rounding is performed at every one of these
 > places?

I was hoping that a blanket statement about rounding would have been
enough. However, you may be right that we're creating more work than
we save. I'll reconsider.

 > I thought the group had resolved to add the cycle() proposal to
 > the draft as well, but I can't find any record of it.  We discussed
 > it here:
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2006OctDec/0195.html
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2007JanMar/0525.html
 >
 > Proposed text is in:
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2006JanMar/0310.html
 > which I've also posted for public viewing at:
 > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Jan/0001.html

Thanks, I'll try adding it and see how it goes.

David, while I have your attention -- would it make sense to describe
the grammar for comma-separated lists in the syntax module? Basically,
I'd like to move this sentence:

   Comma-separated lists have optional whitespace before and after the comma.

to the syntax module.

-h&kon