(unknown charset) Re: [css3-linebox] aligning lines

From: (unknown charset) L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:20:36 -0500
To: (unknown charset) "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org

On Friday 2009-01-02 16:58 -0600, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> It seems like the two can go together.  In fact, you'd just have to
> add one additional value to line-box-contain (perhaps 'grid') to get
> it to work.  It would work similarly to the 'block' value, except that
> rather than being (paraphrasing) "at least as large as the root inline
> box's height" it would be "an exact multiple of the root inline box's
> height".

I don't think this would work.

line-box-contain describes what components of each element in the
line contribute to the height of the line box.

We're looking at a property to add extra spacing to line-boxes to
ensure they line up to a grid or to each other, not extra size to
particular elements.

-David