Re: [css3-linebox] aligning lines

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:25:40 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style@w3.org

Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

 > > http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-linebox/#line-stacking-strategy

 > Based on that document, it appears that line-stacking-strategy is
 > replaced by line-box-contain and a few other properties.  Is this
 > true?  If so, is this question still relevant?

The requirement to support inter-column baseline alignment stands, and
I 'line-stacking-strategy' sounds like the right property. I'm unsure
about what 'line-box-contain' does, there seems to be a typo in the
description ("height height").

In my mind, I'd like to have one property to describe how to calculate
the height of a line (called line-height, stacking-height or
something), and another to say how to stack the lines. The
inter-column constraint will be a value on the second property.

-h&kon