RE: [css3-multicol] Column Breaks

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:

 > The best motivation for less properties is to avoid dealing with
 > conflicting values of page and column break properties, especially
 > when some are "avoid" and some are not.

CSS 2.1 describes how to resolve these conflicts:

  When these properties have values other than 'auto', the values
  'always', 'left', and 'right' take precedence over 'avoid'.

 > The best way to remove discomfort with less properties is probably
 > to try to implement it. Second best is to describe in detail how
 > all values of column-break-* and page-break-* interact and see if
 > there are combinations that wouldn't be covered by
 > "page-break-*:column".

I think all use cases can be achieved with "page-break-*:column". The
question, at least for me, is whether I can stomach using a "page"
property to set column breaks.

-h&kon