Re: Hebrew Lists in CSS3

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:55:18 -0500
To: Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> wrote:
> I think it's unclear rather than inconsistent, but the phrasing could
> probably be improved: "more than one group" refers to the decimal number. If
> there are two groups in the decimal number, and the last group is "000",
> there is of course only one group in the Hebrew number.

Yes, sorry.  My misreading was a misreading.  :)  It could probably
say "If the number is 1000 or more, the thousands group is followed by
. . ."

> The ambiguity arises only in the inline case: if Hebrew numbers one
> character long have a geresh appended, 1 will change from א to א׳, which
> will be the same as 1000.

Ah, of course.  I guess 1000 wouldn't be written א׳׳ or א״.  It could
still be written תת״ר.

I'm not actually sure how you would combine the various
geresh/gershayim characters in the inline case, actually.  204,613
would be what, ר״ד׳תרי״ג?  That looks odd to me.