Re: [css, bug of specification] negative margins, painting order, stacking context.

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:46:09 -0800
To: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>

Anton Prowse wrote here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0276.html
[I've reduced the message as it became fairly big]

Consider these two rendering schema of rendering content of some container:

(I am considering statics and floats only for brevity)

A) Current one that is in the spec. now:

1) Draw backgrounds of all children.
2) Draw all floats (each float establish it own stacking context).
3) Draw text, inlines and inline-blocks of static elements on top of all
that. Inline, and inline-block elements also establish
their own stacking context.

And another one that I was talking about,
B) elements are rendered as if each of them establish their
own stacking context:

1) Draw all children atomically (background and content on top
of it) - thus each child establish it own stacking context.
2) Draw all floats atomically - as in current spec.

Let's put aside negative margins feature for a while.

Could you define conditions when these two schemas will produce
different results? I cannot.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com