Changing property names (was: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image)

fantasai wrote:
> The problem with changing names of properties at this late stage is
> that people are already using the existing names in their style sheets.
> This module is so well advanced implementation-wise that you see things
> like
>   -webkit-border-radius
>   -moz-border-radius
>   border-radius
> in tutorials etc.

Part of me feels sad that this is a concern (in general, not specific to
this borders topic); isn't a significant aim of having vendor prefixes
that we do /not/ get locked into certain property names, value names or
value behaviour until the spec is reasonably mature, eg past Working
Draft?  I suppose it's a numbers game though, and perhaps value
consistency is a more powerful motivation than property name change for
avoiding lock-in.

Incidentally, which UAs support the un-prefixed "border-radius"?

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net