Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:40 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> The problem with changing names of properties at this late stage is
> that people are already using the existing names in their style sheets.
> This module is so well advanced implementation-wise that you see things
> like
>  -webkit-border-radius
>  -moz-border-radius
>  border-radius
> in tutorials etc. I agree 'corner-radius' would have been a better name.

But no-one's shipped with "box-shadow" or "border-radius" yet, so we could
change the names without breaking actual content.

And there are good arguments for 'border-shadow' instead of 'box-shadow'.
> But I'm not convinced that these are strong enough reasons to change the
> name at this point.

I don't mind either way, as long as the Brad's "disable box-shadow when
border-image is specified" proposal is not adopted with the name unchanged.

Rob
53:5-6]