Re: Feature queries

On 12/10/09 4:44 AM, Andrey Mikhalev wrote:
> don't understand.
> syntax is the same. change of at-keyword cannot make syntax better.

If @media is used, then extra syntax is needed to disambiguate the new
thing from media queries.  You end up with an extra level of parenthesis
nesting, etc.

>> You're right that it would allow @import to be conditioned on this
>> stuff; is that a highly desirable property?
>
> you think it worth to load e.g. 1OOK of animated 3d transforms for 1K
> document in phone UA over 10K link - before rejecting whole thing? ;)

Maybe, if no one will in fact send 100K of 3d transforms with a 1K
document.  I understand what the use cases are for conditioning @import
on this; I'm asking whether there are serious plans to make use of such
feature testing.

-Boris