Re: Feature queries

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:32:51 +0100, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You could say that about any use of -webkit-box-reflect though. Apple is
> not likely to phase it out soon if it is in widespread use.

That depends on whether box-reflect is also used. At least you do not end
up in the weird situation where you have to support a phased out property
solely to keep cnn.com working because of a silly feature query that uses
it to enable some other properties. And you do create the need for others
user agents with less market share to also support that property (maybe
just for parsing) to also get cnn.com to work.

If this gets widely deployed we might end up vastly increasing the
complexity for new Web browsers to enter the market which would be a very
bad thing. (It is already not at all simple.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/