RE: [cssom] unrecognized rules and properties

From: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:42:06 +0100
To: "'Boris Zbarsky'" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/9/09 2:29 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:
> > As stated previously, I think the whole subject of how
> > easy it is to emulate new CSS features in old browsers
> > is important
>
> So to be clear, we're talking about emulating CSS features
> from 2011 (or later) in browser released in 2010 (or later),
> right?

Yes, for Mozilla and WebKit that's the case I'm thinking
about. For IE it's about emulating CSS features from any
year in any IE version as they are already exposing
unrecognized properties (since IE4 I think). Which is quite
lucky as old IE versions have a habit to hold relevant
usage statistics long after they have been replaced by
newer versions...

Best regards
Mike