Re: Projection media type in fullscreen browser mode

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:04:48 +0200
To: "WWW Style" <www-style@w3.org>
Op Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:55:39 +0200 schreef Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>:

> (Do older versions of Opera not use screen stylesheets at all in
> full-screen mode?  Some of the discussions I've found suggest that.
> That would explain how (1) came about in the first place.)

Yes. Up until Opera 8.54, going full screen meant losing the 'screen'
media styling in Opera. So Opera-conscious developers would have used
either no media, or 'all', or 'screen,projection'. Since 9.0, that is not
happening anymore, and Opera treats full screen as 'screen' when no
'projection' styles are used.

--
                                                      Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                    Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen